12.28.2007

Introduction

Confessions of a suburban wife...

Allow me to introduce myself. I am a suburban wife.

There, I said it. How hum-drum does that sound? A suburban wife. Based on the title of my blog I bet you are shocked by this fact.

I have been married for more than 10 years, and I am a mother. My dating and martial histories are pretty average. Growing up I was a wallflower and a late bloomer. Even as an adult, I think I am pretty forgettable. I have no exciting dating stories to tell (well, maybe just one or two) and the details of my marriage are nothing out of the ordinary. Don't get me wrong, I adore my husband and children, but I lead the life of a typical suburban working wife.

I work at a typical job from 8-5, and feel guilty for staying longer because the kids are in daycare. I take work home to finish because I am a dutiful employee who is intimidated my my boss. I am too much of a goody-two-shoes to rebel against aforementioned boss . Oh sure, I complain and vent to coworkers, but in the end, when Boss says "Jump.", I ask "How High?". I play by all the rules for fear of karma coming back to get me.

OK, thus far I have told you two key qualities about myself that have led to the following confessions:
1. I am a goody-two-shoes.
2. I am married with a typical marital history.

Read on for the mildly risque details of my confessions...

1 comment:

Scott said...

I know this is almost a year old, but I'm intruiged ;-)))