12.28.2008

Craigslist vs: Ashley Madison... the beginning

To say that my hotwifing activities have been curbed in recent months would be an understatement. As loyal readers know, despite a few attempts on my part, I have not had a confession to share since meeting The Pilot. Family, work, and mundane daily chores and routines come first, but are not nearly as exciting as pursuing new lovers.

Last spring I responded to an ad on craigslist, but was unable to meet the man who had traveled to my town on business. I returned to craigslist last month and replied to another ad placed by a traveler, but nothing ever came of that attempt, either.

I have expressed my AM frustrations before, but decided to make my profile public again after months of keeping it hidden. Oh sure, I had logged on to check out the male profiles from time to time, and even emailed one WITH a passkey to my private photo, but he never replied. My ego was bruised. Not only was I unable to find a man in a bar, but now I was facing cyber-rejection. Now my self-esteem was really low!

So, I was pleasantly surprised to find a well-written priority message in my AM mailbox about 2 weeks ago. Of course the bright yellow subject line caught my attention, but more importantly, the message was clever, witty, and grammatically correct (yes, I am a grammar nut)! He made good use of information he learned about me from my profile, including my predilection for red wines, to write an interesting introduction about himself. I detected hint of charm mingled with sarcasm - a combination that always appeals to me. I waited a few days to reply, because trying to compose a witty and flirtatious reply amid holiday hustle and bustle was hard. What followed was a series of more than a dozen crafty replies and one brief chat on AM. The result? A date planned for last night…

3 comments:

Ms. Inconspicuous said...

There's a heaping helping of promise in between the lines of well-written communications. I'm hoping it lived up to its potential...

Another Suburban Mom said...

Can't wait to hear about the date. Good luck!

whatStevesays said...

Whats with women and grammer?